When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

Henri Nouwen

Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Little Nervous

So, I'm April. Hi. I'm 10 weeks pregnant, and having pretty bad cramps. I'm not having any spotting or bleeding or any symptoms of any kind of UTI or bladder infection, so I called the on-call doctor today to find out what he thought. I have what's called an "irritable uterus" where I have Braxton Hicks contractions for much of my pregnancy, but the doctor said that I wouldn't start with that until atleast week 16 of my pregnancy, so I'm supposed to go in on monday or tuesday for an ultrasound to make sure my pregnancy isn't ectopic. I was already worried about having cramps, but now I'm even more nervous. I never even thought of the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy. My husband is always telling me that I'm making "April mountains" out of molehills, and I really hope that this is the case here. I hope that I'm just overly nervous about a small amount of cramps and it turns out to be nothing. It's not very often that I HOPE that my husband is right, but this time I wouldn't begrudge him his victory.

5 comments:

The A Team said...

I hope Jake is right too!! You'll be in our prayers and let us know what the doctor says this week.

honeyfam said...

will do. :) i'm going to try to get in for an u/s tomorrow.

honeyfam said...

well, i had my ultrasound today. everything looks good as far as the nurse could tell- but i didn't get to see the doctor. i got to get pics of the baby, though- it was kicking like crazy in there! oh, and i'm 11 weeks along, not 10 like i thought. closer to the second trimester and to finding out the sex of the baby! all in all, it was great.

honeyfam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The A Team said...

that's great news!! i can't wait to find out what you're having. love ya!!