When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

Henri Nouwen

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HELP!

Okay... so I need to use this blog because I need some help, but I don't want the whole world or ward knowing. I had a run in tonight with someone. I said some things that I should not have said, but I am afraid it may have ruined a friendship. I should have just kept my mouth shut like advised to do so, but when I feel strongly about something I usually don't. Any suggestion on what I should do or if I should just let it be.
Amber

5 comments:

The A Team said...

i've gotten myself in trouble before too.
if it's a minor offense, maybe you can sit down (after things settle down) and talk things out with this person and hopefully you expressing your opinion hasn't ruined a friendship.
if it's a really big thing, sometimes the best reaction is no reaction...just smile and be nice and don't bring it up and hopefully it will become water under the bridge over time.

honeyfam said...

i have definitely done that, too- and i agree with ami. i'm a "fix-it" kind of person and sometimes push to hard to resolve things, which just makes them worse. so sometimes it is better to just do nothing and wait it out.

AnoelleB said...

Oh man, I JUST went through this last week, and I totally agree with the above. It kind of depends on the friendship you've got with this person, and what it can handle. Good luck!

shahna said...

We have all been in that situation atleast once. Even people with the best of intentions. Definitely talk to the person. If for no other reason, your conscience will be clear. Sometimes these types of situations can make friendships stronger.

Amber Hooten said...

Well, I don't know if I made it better, but I did send an apology note in the mail. Hopefully in time it will just blow over. Thanks for all the advice everyone!