When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

Henri Nouwen

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Here's the Thing...

I've been under so much stress lately, I've actually gained about 20 pounds in the past month or so due to all the self medicating I've been doing (peanut m&m's). I wanted to just vent it all out and relax. School's going to have to wait until spring because of a clerical error with my application. I specifically started back in April to get every thing in order so nothing would go wrong and still have to wait because of that. That stinks but I'm going to use my extra semester wisely and fix our poor credit (funfunfun).
Then Ryan's school lost his application so I had to go downtown Prosper to enroll him in person. I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence...lost applications or just a fluke that both of ours were lost/mistyped the same week.
On top of everything, my brother's coming to town in a few hours (dundundun). He's, ummmm...how do I put this delicately?....a militant atheist who hates everything I believe in and the way I'm raising my children (awesome). It's not so bad when he comes with my sister or his girlfriend but he's coming by himself this time and I'm bracing myself for an attack and possibly having to throw my only brother out of my house, which pretty much sucks!
Then we have a dead something stinking up the walls and I've spent all morning calling pest control and handy men to find someone who will actually remove it, instead of cleaning my house for my upcoming family visit. I have a party I'm throwing on Saturday (You're all invited, I swear...we just sent out the invites last night, though) and I'd love it if my house didn't stink and I don't have to host a party on my lawn.

8 comments:

honeyfam said...

i hear ya on those peanut m&m's! and on having a smell in your house. we thought there was a dead mouse in our laundry room- turns out that denise and randall's freezer that they left in there when they moved (that's full of about 500 lbs of beef) went out- and that was the smell. it took us over a week to realize that's what it was because since it's not ours and we don't use it, we just forget it's there! i was so pissed that their stupid rotting meat was stinking up our house. and then denise goes, "oh, i was thinking 'geez you guys need to clean your house.' haha, just kidding". i was so ticked. anyways, i hope everything turns out okay and that you find whatever it is. if you need to vent further- give me a call! :)

The A Team said...

april, you're the best!!

Amber Hooten said...

I am sorry to hear about school. I know that you were so excited to go back. What a bummer. I would be so upset, too. You are awesome and hopefully you can get that dead "something" out soon!

shahna said...

I feel for you. I love to self medicate with hostess chocolate cupcakes and diet coke. I thought you had found the source of the smell?

The A Team said...

we did but it's in the wall, which needs to be cut open and the smelly dead thing removed.

The A Team said...

sorry for all the comments but i wanted to update. the handyman came and found the source...outside under my porch. i didn't smell anything outside, just inside but it's in just the right place that i can smell it in my bathroom (weird)

what i really wanted to update on was my visit with my brother. we have had a strained relationship for about the past 10 years or so. today we had an argument and he left but he had forgotten his pillow and came back for it. we both apologized and had an excellent conversation. it's so great to be making strides towards having a relationship with him again.

honeyfam said...

i'm glad you and your brother were able to get past your argument so soon after it happened. i hate when those negative feelings from it just drag on and on because there's no resolution. and yay for getting rid of.... whatever it was! lol.

Lisa said...

I understand about the self medicating thing... :) hatis the story of my life. i am so sorry about school my friend...